Well, today was Amare's two month checkup. He is officially a big boy--he weighs 13 lbs. 3 oz. and is 24 inches long. To refresh your memory, he weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. just nine weeks ago when he was born! They also said he was 19.5 inches long when he was born but I think they must have measured wrong because when we went to the doc like two weeks later he was 21 inches. Amare is in the 90th percentile for both weight and height, which means that he is bigger than 90% of kids his age. He got shots today and actually did pretty well. He was more upset and screamed longer when they used the tongue depressor to check his mouth! Lots has happened in the last two or three weeks. Amare now coos in response when you talk to him and he smiles a lot. He is able to lift his head up when he's on his stomach for about 5 minutes at a time and he's really strong and can pull himself to a standing position and loves to "stand up" (with you holding his hands). He's now good at taking a bottle when necessary and has even been good with babysitters (thank you SOOOO much Shannon and Krissy!). We are leaving for our first trip away from home next week when we go to New Jersey for Christmas. A three hour plane ride will be a real test for all of us!
I'm starting to prepare myself mentally for going back to work on Jan. 7. It's very bittersweet. I do want to go back because I miss my coworkers and enjoy my job. However, it's going to be very hard to miss seeing the world through Amare's eyes every day. He is just so much fun and I am sad that we won't get to hang out every day like we do now. Luckily his day care is just blocks from my office so I can swing by and visit if I'm missing him. I have a feeling that going back to work will be harder on me than it will be on him! Enjoy the new pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment