Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Vacation


Hi everyone--hope you had a great holiday. We survived our first trip with Amare to NJ. We left on Friday, 12/21 (which I heard on the news was the busiest travel day of the year...of course I didn't hear that until after we made it home) for a four day stay in NJ. We had a great time visiting with friends and family. Dan threw a great party on Saturday night so that we could see a lot of friends at once since our stay was so short. We were able to see all of Amare's bonus "grandparents"--Grandma Renaud, Grandma Leibowitz, and Grandma Mockler as well as the original grandparents (Grandma G and Pop Pop). Amare even met his Great Grandma Regina and Nana, who I suppose we'll call Great Nana. He got to hang out with Uncle Khary and Aunt Elaine and chill with cousins Kai and Darian. Lots and lots of family and friends! He did really well with all of those new faces and new surroundings. Christmas was a lot of fun!
Amare's cousin Darian is one day older than him. Elaine and I had fun posing the two of them together in matching outfits for photo sessions. Enjoy the pics!
We had an adventure getting home. We arrived at the airport and returned the rental car (which was a minivan--I'm now seeing why parents like minivans for families!) only to get to the ticket counter and find out our flight was canceled and that we couldn't get another flight out until Thursday morning at 7:30am! Luckily Geoff was able to come pick us up so we didn't have to stay at the airport. Despite the delays, we arrived home safe and sound. And sick. Now Amare and I are fighting colds. Not fun! But well worth it for an awesome Christmas holiday in NJ!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Cute, Cute pictures!! So glad that you are home safe and sound. We are having a Wyoming Blizzard today!!