
Wow, it's been a while since we've updated this! I returned to work on January 7 and feel as though my head has been spinning ever since. I think leaving Amare at daycare on that first Monday was one of the harder things I've had to do. It is extremely difficult to leave your baby with a virtual stranger and I cried my eyes out as soon as I walked out of his classroom. I made it through that first day and each day has gotten easier. I went to daycare during my lunch breaks to visit during my first few days back and it became quite clear that he was doing fine (and actually enjoying being around the other kids). Amare likes his teachers (Miss Caroline, Miss Morielle, and Miss Sarah) and they all keep saying that he's such a good baby.
Gyasi and I are both now working full time and it is so much more challenging to both work when you have a baby. It feels like I'm always washing bottles, packing his day care bag, etc.
I celebrated my 30th birthday on January 2. Gyasi made sure it was my best birthday ever--he suprised me with a babysitter (thanks Meek), a limo ride, and a romantic dinner at The Melting Pot fondue restaurant. We had such a great night!
We have spent the first part of January settling into our new routines. Amare is now quite smiley and is definitely more coordinated. He can grab, reach, and hold things and is showing signs that he might want to be rolling over soon. He is such a happy baby! I will try to update this more regularly now...
Gyasi and I are both now working full time and it is so much more challenging to both work when you have a baby. It feels like I'm always washing bottles, packing his day care bag, etc.
I celebrated my 30th birthday on January 2. Gyasi made sure it was my best birthday ever--he suprised me with a babysitter (thanks Meek), a limo ride, and a romantic dinner at The Melting Pot fondue restaurant. We had such a great night!
We have spent the first part of January settling into our new routines. Amare is now quite smiley and is definitely more coordinated. He can grab, reach, and hold things and is showing signs that he might want to be rolling over soon. He is such a happy baby! I will try to update this more regularly now...
No comments:
Post a Comment