Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bring on the new year!


Lots going on here in our house--the Shade's came down for a visit from Colorado and all 11 of us survived (and enjoyed) lots of family time at our house. We watched movies, baked Christmas cookies, did a lot of shopping, played cards, and even got a night out away from the kids while Grandpa Rick and Grammy Po watched all three kids! It was great to see everyone and the kids had a great Christmas. Amare loved chasing after his cousins Colby (7) and Tyson (4).

Amare got a bunch of DVD's, Elmo stuff, toys, books, and even a shopping cart to push around the house. His favorite present came in his stocking--a banana. That's right. A banana. He freakin' LOVES bananas. I guess the good news is that Chiquita or Dole $0.44/pound bananas can make this kid's day--who needs fancy, expensive electronic toys?!?

The twins are doing well and growing big. I had an ultrasound last week and they were estimated to be 2 pounds 1 ounce and 2 pounds 2 ounces, both weights are bigger than what a single baby would weigh at 26 weeks. I guess I grow big babies, given that Amare was big when he was born too (8lbs 10oz). I'm now sleeping on the recliner and dealing with the typical pregnancy aches and pains but it hasn't been too bad. I'm getting huge, as this picture will illustrate! It's hard to believe that they will be here in two and a half months (assuming I make it that far). Our lives are going to change so dramatically...it's all very exciting and overwhelming.

Enjoy the new pictures! 2009 is going to be a big year for us all!

2 comments:

Aly Scott said...

I think you look great Miss! I showed Derek your photo and he didn't think your belly looked like it was as big as the tv! haha! You know the joke! Love the shirt...where did you get that! ha! Great family photo - looks like Christmas was such a blast for you guys. I'm so glad you had lots of family around to share such a big day. Next year Christmas will be insane...I love it!!
Happy New Year and Happy early Birthday chica!! We love all Quince's (including baby A and baby B) in Frisco!

Kelly said...

Ohhhh....I LOVE the family photo! It so amazing to see everyone together! Everybody looks wonderful! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas - I can't wait to hear all about it! You look adorable - I just want to reach out and touch your belly - it is amazing that you have two little people in there! Amare is just beautiful! I bet he really had a blast with everybody there! I can't believe how big Colby is! Miss you, and can't wait to talk to you! Love to the Quinces! muuuwaaa!