
I tried to have my annual photo session with Amare this week--needless to say, it was much easier when he was a baby and stayed still. My friend Julie came over and took a few more last night. She does some photography on the side and tried to get a few shots for our Christmas card picture but Amare didn't really cooperate. I'll post some of hers when I get them but in the meantime, here are a few quick ones to tide you over. He's grown up so much!It's so strange to look at his baby Christmas pictures--he's so chubby and looks completely different to me.


I wonder if the twins will look like Amare when he was a baby? Who knows...will they have red hair? Will they have any hair? Will they be identical or fraternal? So many questions! But one thing we do know--WE HAVE NAMES! The twins will be named Julius Michael and Adrian Geoffrey! The first names were picked by Gyasi and I, the middle names are for Gyasi's lifelong friends Geoff and Mike. I'm glad this is one decision that is resolved!

In other news, Amare has learned to pretty much feed himself with the spoon! Granted, it's messy and doesn't always make it to his mouth but he does pretty well and is quite proud of himself!
I'm feeling huge these days and starting to get uncomfortable during the day as well as at night. I feel myself getting tired and crampy after doing pretty much everything--walking in the grocery store, drying my hair, cooking dinner, etc. I have to sit down and rest. It's hard because I can't chase
after Amare and he knows it! I'm 23 weeks now and wondering how I'm going to feel when I'm 33 weeks (or 37 weeks for that matter)--yikes! A lot of you have been asking if we have a baby registry--I did create one and will put the link on this site. We really just need more of the basics (diapers, bibs, sheets, etc.) because we have great friends/family (like Aly, Elaine, and Channa) who have donated equipment and clothing. We've been slowly working on getting some things off eBay and Craig's List so that we aren't caught off guard if the twins come early or if I feel miserable and am unable to work on things later. So far, we've bought a crib, changing table, crib mattress, double stroller, etc. Still more to go but we're making progress! Here's a picture of me and Gyasi at my company's Christmas party last night--we had a great time. If you look closely, you can see the baby belly!
after Amare and he knows it! I'm 23 weeks now and wondering how I'm going to feel when I'm 33 weeks (or 37 weeks for that matter)--yikes! A lot of you have been asking if we have a baby registry--I did create one and will put the link on this site. We really just need more of the basics (diapers, bibs, sheets, etc.) because we have great friends/family (like Aly, Elaine, and Channa) who have donated equipment and clothing. We've been slowly working on getting some things off eBay and Craig's List so that we aren't caught off guard if the twins come early or if I feel miserable and am unable to work on things later. So far, we've bought a crib, changing table, crib mattress, double stroller, etc. Still more to go but we're making progress! Here's a picture of me and Gyasi at my company's Christmas party last night--we had a great time. If you look closely, you can see the baby belly!
3 comments:
I think you look great Missy! You can make it to 37 wks!!
Amare is such a cutie! I need to update your blog with christmas decor. I'll get on that.
Love the names and can't wait to meet them! We already know they'll be cute!! Biased a little...nah!
love ya'll!!
Teriffic names! Amare is getting so big!!
Merry Christmas, Missy! You look fab and I'm so excited about the arrival of your new little ones (twins! still can't believe it! wow!). Amare is going to be a great big bro! Love to you and your fam!
Post a Comment