Thursday, January 22, 2009

January has been busy!




Well, life is certainly interesting in the Quince house these days. We are staying busy—each of us has a lot going on!

Amare: Amare is learning new things daily and is so smart! He is learning new words (baby, duck, football, book, Elmo, Big Bird, car, let’s go, etc.) and is chattering up a storm. We set up his big boy room upstairs with a new crib, changing table, dresser, Elmo table and chairs, and Elmo toy organizer. We put up an Elmo wall border rather than painting the room. He hasn’t stayed in his new room yet but let me tell you—he is so excited about seeing Elmo each time he walks in there! We’ll try and get him moved up there soon so that we can start cleaning out the nursery for the twins arrival. We’re also working on weaning him from his pacifier and he now only uses it at night for bed. He went to the doctor on 1/13 for his 15 month appointment and was in the 90th percentile for his heights (forget what it was—I’ll post later) but only in the 25th percentile for his weight (22lbs. 10oz). The doc wants him to try to take in more calories and come back in a month for a weight check because he has only gained 6oz in three months. He’s extremely active and I know he’s eating—I think he just burns off as many calories as he takes in.

Twins: The twins are growing rapidly. I went this week for my 30 week ultrasound and they are estimated at 3lbs 10oz (Baby A) and 3lbs 12oz (Baby B). Baby A is stretched out on my right side, head down with his knees/feet in my ribs. I just love that, as you can imagine. Baby B is curled up in a “position” on the left side with his head up by my ribs. They are both measuring bigger than a single baby at this time and this means that I have about seven and a half pounds of baby in me right now with 6-8 weeks to go. This explains why I am miserably uncomfortable! We have been gathering borrowed supplies and clothes from friends (thanks Aly and Channa!) and are really starting to get it all together. They will be here soon!

Me: I am feeling pretty miserable these days. Sleep is tough, walking is tough, sitting too long is tough. I’m trying to stay off my feet as much as possible and just keep these boys “cooking” for the next month or two because I know it will be chaos when they get here. I am happy that the new TV season has started so that I can sit back and relax with something other than reruns!

Gyasi: Gyas is really doing most of the household stuff, as well as spending lots of time playing with and taking care of Amare. He is now doing the grocery shopping, bills, cleaning, dishes, etc. and doing it all without complaining. We’re sad that football season is coming to an end but for Gyasi that just means that it’s time to focus on basketball! It seems that things have just been crazy and it’s hard to imagine that there’s going to be even more to do each day soon.

No comments: