In other news, I had my 33 week doctors appointment today. This picture is from 31 weeks. I had been concerned about extreme pain (and I do mean extreme pain, not just the usual pregnancy discomfort) in my ribs on the right side. At the ultrasound today, there are two very definite reasons for this pain--Adrian's big head explains the constant dull pain and Julius' big feet explain the sharp jolts of pain! These two culprits are bruising my ribs from the inside and it is miserable. They are growing well and did great on their biophysical profile (a detailed ultrasound where they count their movements, watch them practice their breathing, check their fluid levels, etc.). Julius, Baby A, is estimated to weigh 4lbs 3oz and Adrian, Baby B, is estimated to weigh 4lbs 14oz. That's right--I'm walking around with over 9lbs of baby in me at 32.5 weeks! Julius is head down and Adrian is breech so we are about 95% sure I will end up having a c-section. Both would have to be head down and Baby A would have to be the bigger baby to try a regular delivery. My doctor is scheduling something for between 37-38 weeks so we're looking at the week of March 16. She said she would not stop things if I went into labor after 35 weeks. I am going to start working from home on Monday so that I can spend my days in the recliner to take the pressure off of my ribs.

Amare is amazing. He is now sleeping in his Elmo Big Boy room upstairs and doing great! We have also weaned him from his pacifier! That was a big accomplishment and we wanted to get it done before the boys arrived so that he was used to not having one like the babies did. He is talking up a storm--latest phrases/words include "oh wow," "i love you," "hi guys," "so cool," and the names of the kids in his class at daycare. He loves to give hugs and kiss my belly and say "babies!" He really is a joy to be around and still just as active as ever.

Gyasi's coworkers pooled money to get us a huge gift card to Target for baby supplies and my coworkers did the same with a huge Babies R Us gift card! These will be unbelievably helpful because we can get whatever we need with them--equipment, diapers, formula, etc. My friend Mindy also organized a diaper shower for me with some of my work friends this past weekend which was a ton of fun. Everyone is just showering these babies with love!
Our friends have been so great--everyone helping out with diapers and gift cards, Julie coming over to help fold baby clothes and organize the nursery, a group of friends came over to put together the new furniture for Amare's room, Meek comes over to play with Amare to give us a break, Aly is always there to give me advice on twin pregnancy and tell me that I will survive this, etc. Everyone has just been so amazing and we are so grateful to have such an awesome support system.
3 comments:
You guys are really blessed with all the friends and family that care about you and your boys. When I sent out that email to see who would want to contribute, I got an overwhelming amount of replys back. Lots of people excited about the idea of pooling money together to buy diapers. I feel special that we got to deliver the surprise! I said this when I helped host your wedding shower and then your baby shower...you have really great friends!
BTW, thanks for sharing the cute video. Amare is such a cutie!! I'm anxious to see what the twins will look like.
Hey there! Beautiful baby boy! You are looking great! I hope that you start feeling better - maybe being home will help calm those little boys down, turn them around, etc. Miss you! Aly and Derek are amazing - that is a HUGE amount of diapers! Hopefully I will be able to get there to help change some of them. I will even take the poopy ones! :) Loves and hugs!
Ok, first of all...Missy, you look absolutely fab! Can't believe those babies are already over 9lbs. Hang in there, tootsie! Aly says you're doing great and you really are a trooper. I am certainly thinking of you and wishing you well. The diaper surprise from Aly and Derek was sooo dang sweet! Wow! That Aly is a great gal, isn't she? We're lucky to have such a giving and thoughtful friend...and Aly is lucky to have you, too. Amare is growing so much...it's amazing how quickly they change. I just love motherhood. I go back to work Monday and am struggling with the idea of leaving Ramsey. I hope you're able to find some relief while working at home next week. Much love to you....absolutely can't wait to see those twins!
-Penny
Post a Comment