Saturday, August 15, 2009

5 Months Old--can you believe it??


Julius and Adrian are 5 months old now and I just can't believe it. Maybe it's because they are awesome sleepers? Maybe it's because they rarely cry? Maybe it's because I sort of know what to expect this time around? I don't know but it's just gone by so fast. I feel like we were bringing them home from the hospital yesterday. And I'm just so in love with them--they are so sweet. A&J are such happy babies. And Amare is going to be two in October and it feels like he is going on six!

Julius is in the blue, Adrian is in the purple. We started them on rice cereal about two weeks ago and they like it. Adrian is a really good eater--he knows exactly what to do with the bite when it arrives at his mouth. He tends to be the messier eater because he likes to involve his hands and is reaching for the spoon. Julius is getting the hang of it. He is always pushing it right back out with his tongue. So I guess that ends up making him messy too! Daycare gives them rice cereal with fruit in the mornings around 10am (so far they have had bananas and peaches) and we do a veggie around dinnertime (so far they have had carrots and squash). Check out the highchairs--I feel like we work at a bumper car place at the end of the night when they corral them up and push them to the side!
The twins are still sleeping like champs through the night and are now going to bed around 8ish just like Amare. It's awesome. And what do you think--are they looking alike these days?!? Adrian is in the blue bib on the left.

Amare's vocabulary is exploding! He's now putting together three and four words at a time. He has had a good week with his eating, although he tends to have good weeks and bad weeks still. Sleeping in his big boy bed is still going well--I don't know if he realizes that he can get out on his own yet because he still doesn't usually get up after we put him to bed. I'm not complaining...
We're getting ready for our summer trip to NJ to see friends and family. I have to admit that I'm dreading the travel but it will be nice to be around everyone!

1 comment:

Aly Scott said...

I seriously have no idea which one is which! aaaaahhhh! I need name tags! They look just like Amare when he was that age. OMG, you could have triplets. Oh geez...scary! Love the pictures of you and Gyasi with the boys! Such great photos!
BTW, nice highchairs!!!