Sunday, November 1, 2009

October


October has been a busy month for all of us! Amare turned two and we had a little birthday party for him here at the house (theme: Elmo, of course!). Adrian and Julius are now seven months old and so much fun! I think this is my favorite age--they are sitting steadily but can't crawl yet so they stay put. They are super smiley, babbling like crazy, and really into playing. The only downside is the teething. Julius cut his first tooth on Halloween! It's one of the bottom front ones and boy has he been miserable. Julius is usually very mellow and calm so we knew something was up when he was fussy and not sleeping well.

The babies love to go for walks but have had allergy issues whenever we go outside--they get snotty and congested. I do too!
This morning I was doing some work on the computer while Gyasi napped and Amare ate some yogurt while watching Sesame Street. Next thing I knew, I looked over to see this:


Awesome. Nothing says fun like a 10:30am bath. I couldn't even be mad because it was so funny.
The weekend of 10/24 was a lot of fun. We had two of our favorite couple friends--the Scott's (Aly, Derek, Ava, and Grace) and the Pate's (Julie, Tony, and soon to arrive Carson) over for the day. We made brunch, took the kids to the park for some photos and playground time, and then made dinner. Not bar hopping like the old days but still tons of fun! Amare and the Scott girls had a blast...Amare is still talking about Abba and Greece! The older kids jumping in Julius' crib:

Time stood still for just a minute and we were able to get all five kids in one picture. This may never happen again! (Ava, Julius, Grace, Adrian, and Amare)

Amare still loves being a big brother, as you can see...

And one of my favorite pics--I adore these PJ's because they say "chicks dig scars" and have little bandaids all over them! Don't the boys look alike here? A and J

No comments: