Sunday, December 20, 2009

Long time, no post!

I have been terrible about updating the blog--my apologies. We have been really busy lately so I'll try to update for the past month or so. My brother Eric, Sarah, and Colby (8) came to visit for Thanksgiving. We had a great time with them and I'm so glad they made the trip from Colorado! It was so relaxing--we hung out, went out to dinner, went to the Fort Worth Zoo, and stuffed ourselves with a 27lb turkey. Here are a few pics of the trip. The crew for Thanksgiving dinner (Sarah, Eric, Colby, Amare, Becky, Gyasi, Mike, Marnie)
The boys being downright adorable at the zoo--they were so good all day and had a great time looking around and watching the people and the animals. Julius on the left, Adrian on the right.
Luckily we have a kid for each of them to hold--we planned it that way! Just kidding...

Eric and Sarah with the twins at the zoo:
Eric with a ton of kids...only one is his!

Every Sunday morning Gyasi makes a big breakfast for the family--pancakes, eggs, turkey sausage, etc. As you might remember, Amare went through a stage where he didn't eat well/threw up his meals/refused to eat. Those days are a thing of the past. I'm pleased to report that Amare now eats two pancakes, two sausage links, and scrambed eggs with cheese every Sunday morning. At that rate I shudder to think about how I will feed three growing teenage boys!

We also started letting Adrian and Julius in on the pancake action--here they are with their pancakes!
Adrian

Julius

We also had our first "snow" of the season in early December. There were flakes, even though you can't see them in this picture. Amare loved it!

The boys are really into playing "choo choo trains" where we line up the laundry baskets and push them around the house. Notice how much Julius and Adrian look alike in this picture--same expression and everything!

No comments: