Set the scene--I put Amare to bed at 7:45pm. He goes down without a protest, playing quietly with the myriad of toys he brings to bed (including but not limited to a red car, two dump trucks, a single domino, and two Pigeon books). Fast forward to 9pm when Amare comes down the stairs saying "Yook...mommy yook." His hands are bright red. I do a quick body scan and his feet are red too. I instantly think blood and start to panic thinking that he has cut himself. I go upstairs to find red everywhere. All over the carpet. I scream for Gyas. He comes upstairs and we stand in the doorway, panicked. We find an almost empty bottle of red acryllic permanent paint on the floor. We throw Amare in the bathtub (and I tell him to stay there until he has every bit of red off of himself and to not say a word until that happens) while we try to clean it. We take water and towels to it, and then carpet cleaner. But there was no saving it--the carpet is ruined. Here is what it looks like now (note that this is AFTER we tried to clean it):




The funny thing--Amare tells us the next night that he doesn't want to sleep in his room. Why? It's too messy. That kid is crazy.
1 comment:
Oh my...what will you guys do??
Post a Comment