Weekend mornings are always frustrating around here. Despite the fact that it is a Friday or Saturday night and mommy and daddy want to socialize with adults or watch a movie or TV that doesn't include Sesame Street characters--the boys like to get up EARLY on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Like 6am early. Actually, this morning Amare came down to wake me up at 5:15am and I promptly carried him back to bed because that was just silly to think I would start my day that early on a non-workday. Anyway, around 6:30am I hear Amare in the Guys' room. He always climbs into poor Julius' crib and they usually carry on yelling "mommy" and jumping until I come up and get them all. This morning I heard them but chose to ignore them. Big mistake. I finally went up at 6:40am and walked into this scene:

Amare had taken the baby powder and the container of Bordeaux's Butt Paste and went nuts. He emptied the entire (full) box of tissues and container of baby wipes. I spent 6:40-6:41am yelling. Spent 6:42-6:50am giving baths to Quince Boy #2 (Julius) and #1 (Amare). Gyasi spent this time vacuuming up baby powder and wiping off butt paste.

Awesome.

1 comment:
Girl - i'm surprised Amare made it to his 3rd birthday with the red paint all over his carpet and room. Now I'm thinking his 4th birthday is definitely questionable after this. I hate that your weekend had to start like this. You definitely need a girls night!
Post a Comment