Friday, March 18, 2011

We Have Two 2-Year Olds!

Sniff, sniff. Julius and Adrian are now two years old and I'm in denial. How is it that TWO YEARS have passed so quickly? It feels like just yesterday that I was waddling around the house, barely able to walk up the stairs. It feels like yesterday I was waking up in the middle of the night for around the clock nursing sessions, diaper changes, snuggles, etc. But now they are two. Don't get me wrong--two has been fun so far. The boys are loaded with personality and are hilarious, sweet as ever. We're seeing glimpses of the Terrible Two's. Julius is endlessly stubborn and whiny. Adrian is acting defiant and sassy. But they are still my babies...



We had a birthday party at the house and had a wonderful turnout. The theme was Super Why which is the boys' favorite TV show. My friend Allison mailed me a bunch of Super Why gear
for the party favors and I made a Super Letter game for the kids to play. I did a horrible job taking pictures at the party because I was running around like a crazy woman. :(


This is what we walked into when naptime was over, right before the party started. Julius wanted to start his 2's off in mischevious fashion by getting into the baby powder that I left too close to his crib (obviously).



Adrian, Wingman for Life.

Cake time! We had cupcakes and everyone ate them up. Julius on the left and Adrian on the right.

The boys with Ms. Asha! She stopped by the party for a little while. Ms. Asha is our daycare provider and a wonderful family friend.

The boys started the morning off talking to Grandma G on speakerphone--the boys are usually clothed in the AM, don't worry. This morning was oatmeal morning and it tends to end up all over their PJ's. Thanks to everyone for all of the calls, messages, emails, and texts showing the boys the birthday love!

No comments: