Thursday, June 9, 2011

Go Mavs!


The NBA Finals this year had our hometown Dallas Mavericks playing against the Miami Heat. Gyasi is a Heat fan. I am a Mavs fan. That alone is worthy of a blog post. But what about our kids? I feel like Amare is a Miami Dolphins fan by default--I mean, his father is fanatical about the Phins so it's only natural that Amare likes to cheer along with his Daddy. Gyasi is also a Phillies fan when it comes to MLB Baseball. Amare has seen Daddy and his friends Marnie and Becky cheering on the Phillies for the past three years.



But the NBA is different...Amare doesn't have a team.

The ladies at his preschool are all about the Mavs. They sent Amare home saying "Go Mavs, Beat the Heat." Gyasi retaliated with some Miami Heat napkins in an envelope for the staff. Then the LaPetite Academy ladies sent Amare home with this little number...Game Over!


No comments: