Sunday, October 26, 2008

After a long, 16 week wait...











We know the genders of the twins! I went in for my 16 week appointment and it was just going to be a regular checkup (you know...pee in a cup, listen to the heartbeats, take blood pressure, answer questions, etc.). When she went to hear the heartbeats, they were moving around too much and she couldn't get individual readings on each of them. She told me that she was going to get me an ultrasound but to not get too excited--it wasn't a real U/S and was just a quick heartbeat reading. When I got in there, the U/S tech started really looking around and asked if I wanted to know the genders--of course I did!! So, the verdict is in...the Quince household will be filled with footballs, trucks, soccer games, and lots of activity! That's right--we are having twin boys!!! Amare will have two little brothers...and we will have three little boys under the age of two! Gyasi and I are both sooo excited and are really looking forward to this wild ride. I'm feeling good and am still sleeping well (which was a problem starting around this time with Amare).

We've been really busy hanging out with friends, working around the house, and playing with Amare. I am taking a trip to Buffalo to visit my friend Holly over Halloween and I'm so excited to get a mini-vacation! Gyas and Amare will hang out like bachelors at home. Amare got his Halloween costume today and is going to be a pirate. I took a picture of him in it because I'm not going to be here for Halloween--Gyas will take his costume to daycare and have him dressed up for handing out candy. We also went to the Flower Mound pumpkin patch last weekend with the Scott family (Aly, Derek, Ava, and Grace) and the kids had a great time. Amare was really big on pushing the wagon around the pumpkins.
Life is good this fall with the Quince family!

1 comment:

Newman Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I don't know if Gyasi told you but I have two expecting twins books that I am sending you. They are just sitting here and I want someone to be able to use them. I will try to have them in the mail this week sometime. It is hard to get out since Brandon can't go in public so I will mail them when my husband gets home one day.

Karen