Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Big Guy


Amare is becoming such a little man with an enormous personality. He is constantly chattering, talking in a language only he understands. He throws balls, climbs on the furniture, and loves to go into the garage with his Daddy. He is always on the move and has more energy than we know what to do with! I mean, this kid never stops. He wakes up by 6am, is on the move all morning, takes a nap from 11-1pm and then is up until bedtime at 8pm. He's a wild child! He can sing parts of "Wheels on the Bus" and the "I love you, you love me" song from Barney. He really likes Elmo and points him out whenever he sees him. Amare is really into bath time--he loves splashing in the water and then watching it drain out when it's done. He is starting to throw some temper tantrums and test limits. He got his first Timeout at school about two weeks ago. His teacher said that a little girl in his class named Zoe kept taking his toys so he bopped her on the head three times! He got timeout for five minutes and sat quietly in the chair. When she let him out, he walked right back over to Zoe and hit her three more times in the head! Something tells me that the next few months are going to be tough! He has also started climbing--climbing onto the couch, climbing on the chairs. We even caught him using the dining room chairs to climb up onto the dining room table! Obviously that has to stop...
I'm sure he doesn't realize that he has two little brothers on the way. I'm getting bigger every day--I'll be 22 weeks on Friday and looking/feeling like I did when I was about 29 or 30 weeks pregnant with Amare. I'm starting to get uncomfortable and nervous about making it through the next 15 or so weeks. We've started preparing for these new little guys--I've been looking for used baby items on eBay and Craig's List and we bought a mini van last week! It's nice, a 2005 Honda Odyssey that's loaded with features (sunroof, heated leather seats, configurable seats, etc.) and plenty of room for the whole family and all of the equipment we'll have to be taking with us when we go out! That's right, folks...we are now minivan owners.
Amare is done with one of his worst phases so far--he went through a three or four week period where he was constantly sticking his fingers down his throat and gagging. He would throw up each time he did it (unless we caught him and yanked his hand out of his mouth or successfully distracted him). This really sucked for us. We were cleaning up vomit after every dinner, cleaning thrown up milk out of the carpet each morning, etc. I think it was just a phase and I'm so glad he's moved on to jumping on the furniture...at least that doesn't make ME gag!

1 comment:

Aly Scott said...

Little man is growing up so fast!! Soon he'll have 2 rugrats to chase and your house will be just as insane as mine. The girls have their own language too. Isn't it funny to listen to them babble...I even respond like I know what they're saying.
We can't wait for the new little ones to get here. More cute babies in the world! Don't be nervous...you're doing great and if you get to 37 wks that'll be 1 wk more then me....GO MISSY!!! You can do it!!

love you, The Scott's