
All three kids sleeping...this rarely happens.

I realize that children go to the doctor's office regularly but I think the Quince boys are pushing for a new Texas record. Currently, the entire family except for Gyas is on antibiotics of various sorts. We have gone through more Kleenex, saline drops, and cough drops than we have used in the past year. It's insane. Take a look at our schedule for the past four weeks...
3/13--Twins are born.
3/16 - Amare to doc for yeast rash
3/13--Twins are born.
3/16 - Amare to doc for yeast rash
3/17--Twins to doc for weight check and newborn evaluation
3/19--Adrian to doc for gunk in his eye.
3/20--Adrian to doc for follow up on eye gunk.
3/26--Twins to doc for two week checkup
4/3--Amare to doc for persistant cough and ear infection
4/4--I went to doc for upper respiratory infection and bronchitis
4/6--Julius to doc for terrible cold
4/9--Twins to doc for even worse cold
Clearly our house is infected with nasty, nasty illnesses. The doc tested the twins for RSV (negative, thank goodness) and Pertussis (aka whooping cough--results not available until Monday) and prescribed an antibiotic. We are all just managing the best we can.
Pitching in for Week 3 is Grandma G
Week 4 will be Heidi (my best friend from high school who is coming all the way from Seattle!) and I CANNOT wait to see her!
We are settling into somewhat of a routine and I think everything will be easier when we are all healthy.
My thought for the day--whoever said "sleep when the babies sleep" is full of crap. Did that person not have laundry, bottles to wash, bottles to make, pumping, dishes, grocery shopping, daycare runs, etc.?!? I feel like there is just so much to do. And I know you all are going to say "that stuff can wait..." but it is still very overwhelming. And I don't sleep well when I know there is so much to be done.
My other thought for the day--breastfeeding twins is a lot of work. A LOT of work. I'm so glad I'm doing it and I know it gets easier as they get older but it sure is challenging right now.
My final thought for the day--seeing your babies sick has got to be one of the hardest things a mother has to witness. We went through it with Amare and all of his chronic ear infections. Now these tiny little babies are coughing so hard, over and over. They cough when they eat. They cough when they sleep. The cough "just because." It is hard for a mom to watch.
The twins are gaining weight--both weighed 6lbs 8oz at birth four weeks ago and now Julius is 7lbs 12oz and Adrian is 8lbs 4oz. They are starting to plump up in the face and are finally getting some chub in their cheeks!
I'm realizing this is totally rambling but I blame that on a lack of sleep...two to four hours each night will do that to a girl!




2 comments:
Dear Miss,
I'm so happy whenever I get that inevitable "blog updated" email.
While I don't always get to read it right away; when I finally do -I am really overjoyed.
I'm glad you have this creative outlet to vent (if need be) because whatever may be going on in the Quince home, I feel connected. You truly are good at engaging people through your humorous words and beautiful pictures.
It definitely sounds like a crazy time and I hope you all feel better soon. Keep on venting if you need to, we'll be reading...
Sincerely, (your faithful blog reader)
Sandy
Hey Missy!
We hope you all are feeling better! Boy, a awful sickness just adds to the chaos! Good thing you and Gyas are absolute role model parents! The twins sure are beginning to grow, and Amare looks like he's taken on the big bro role pretty well:) It's great being able to see all your pictures and blogs! It makes it feel like we are still in the loop even being so far away. Hope you're all doing well...
Love,
Sarah Eric and Colby
Post a Comment