
I can't believe it's been almost a month since I have posted. Things have been a zoo around here and I need get everyone caught up!


In early June, we had our first visit to the emergency room. Adrian was running a fever on a Sunday (101.7) and I gave him some Tylenol and wasn't overly concerned. On Monday morning, however, his fever was 102.4 and he was acting very lethargic so I called the pediatrican. She had me bring him in and checked him out all over and could find nothing wrong with him after checking his chest, eyes, ears, nose, throat, etc. She said that anytime an infant under three months runs a fever over 102 degrees they send them to the emergency room. Great. So Gyasi came home from work to take care of Julius so I could take Adrian to Cook's Children's Hospital in downtown Fort Worth (can you imagine having to handle TWO babies during the long ER room wait?!? Um, no thank you!). We were there for about five hours total during which poor Adrian endured an IV, catheter, spinal tap, and multiple blood draws. I felt awful for him. I guess they need to check all of their bodily fluids for signs of infection. Turns out they found nothing and sent me home with instructions for Tylenol and a followup visit to the pediatrician the next day. While I was glad all of those tests ruled out something more serious, it's ironic that we were sent home to do the same thing we were doing all along (Tylenol!). He got antibiotic shots at the doctor's office the next day and was feeling better a day later.
That week we all flew out to Denver for my brother's wedding. He married his longtime girlfriend, Lorraine, whom I adore! The trip to Denver included (imaging lugging all of this through the airport!):
* 3 suitcases
* 2 infant car seats
* 1 full size toddler car seat
* 1 double stroller
* 1 single stroller
* 2 carry on bags
* 1 diaper bag
* 2 infants
* 1 toddler
* 2 semi-sane adults
We survived! We had a great time and the wedding was beautiful. People at the airport thought we were crazy and there were moments where I totally agreed with them. Amare had his own seat and then Gyasi and I each took a baby. I'm so glad the flight is only 2 hours! We go to NJ in August and it will be the same arrangement...
We returned on Sunday morning and I went back to work on Monday which meant that the twins started daycare! They are doing really well so far. It takes us FOREVER to get out of the house in the morning with three little ones--imagine all of the diaper changes, spit up, outfit changes, breakfast, bottles, feedings, etc. Ugh. Makes me tired just thinking about it!

Amare is talking up a storm and is now starting to put words together ("no Daddy" "Miami Dolphins" or "yes please"). He is so smart! He charmed everyone at the wedding and is at a really fun age. We got him a mini pool that he went in for the first time today. Gyasi is out back trying to drag him out of it as I type this!

Julius and Adrian are such smiley babies! They are sleeping well, going to bed around 10pm, waking between 2-3am to eat, and then immediately back to sleep until about 6am. We think that Julius might have rolled over last night but we haven't been able to recreate it so it's not going down in the record books yet. The bigger they get, the more we think they look alike. Julius still has his dark patch of hair and Adrian still has that baby pimple on his right temple. In these pics, J is on the left and A is on the right!


Sorry this is so long...I guess I should try to update more often!


Sorry this is so long...I guess I should try to update more often!

2 comments:
I have got to come over and get some Quince baby love!! I miss you guys!! I think the twins look like Amare! How great...triplets! ha! Your trip to Denver stresses me out just reading it. I think that much stress would make me throw up! ha! I am so in awh of you guys for handling 3 kiddos on a plane by yourselves. Such accomplishments!
I think that you should submit for you own tv show! That's work! You should get paid like Jon and Kate! Family is adorable and you and Gyasi seem to handle it great!
Post a Comment