Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day 2010

I asked Gyasi what he wanted to do for Father's Day this year and he said he wanted to go to the Dallas Zoo (where he used to work and where lots of our friends still work). Knowing it was going to be 100 degrees outside, we rushed to get out the house as early as possible on Saturday morning. We got down there around 9:30am and had a great time!
Gyasi and Amare admiring the penguins--wonder how they felt about the heat?

The boys on the elephant statue--Adrian, Julius, and Amare

I absolutely LOVE this picture--it's like they are actually ON safari!

The new African Savannah exhibit is amazing! Tons of space for the elephants, lions, and giraffes!

Our friend Erin even hooked up the boys to feed the giraffes! Amare kept teasing him and pulling it away. The Guys just cried--I guess the big giraffes were a bit intimidating?

Our friend Becky works with the lions. She did a training exhibit with them and then came out to visit with us. Here she is with Amare (and the big lions behind the glass).

We had lunch at the air conditioned restaurant, took the kids on the sauna (aka monorail--which Amare keeps calling a train), and then walked around a bit more until the kids started melting down. It was past nap time and SUPER hot. This picture was taken literally before we pulled out of the parking spot...

On Sunday, Gyasi made his usual Sunday breakfast of pancakes, eggs, turkey sausage, fruit, etc. Amare got to help!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Gyasi is an amazing father and his boys all adore him! Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Aly Scott said...

I love this! What a great father's day! I can't wait to go to the Zoo with you guys. Sunday breakfast look awesome! Hope there was some Simply Orange!
My favorite photo is the picture of the backseat snoring!! LOVE IT! Doesn't it make you feel good when you wear them out rather then vice versa! Great idea GQ!

The Kosher Tomato (Sandy Leibowitz) said...

What beautiful pictures! I feel so horrible that I completely forgot to wish Gyas a happy father's day :(
I was so busy planning the two bbq's back to back (friends on Sat, then Fam on Sun) Love you guys!