
One of the things I have been looking forward to as I continue my journey in motherhood is the idea of becoming a soccer mom. There is something fun about cheering your kid on from the sidelines, racing off to practice, watching your kid be a part of a team, etc. Granted, I'm sure I'll be over it when I'm racing three boys off to multiple practices and feeling like a shuttle service but for right now I'm enjoying watching Amare learn the game of soccer with other 3-4 year olds. Amare is in the co-ed U4 division and his team is the Hornets (team uniforms are black and white). His teammates are Damien, Marco, Alexa, Ashlee, Lexi, and Jackson and his coach is Coach Michael. The first game was hard because none of the kids had any idea what was going on. In the second game, Amare got the concept of scoring goals but didn't understand that you only want to score in your team's goal. By the third game, he was getting it and he hasn't looked back! He's scoring 3-6 goals a game for his team and his speed is really helping him. At this age they just play 4 on 4 with no goalies.

1 comment:
Great photo of Amare!! Must be nice to have a kid that just picks it up. Must be nice to not have to beg him to play. Must be nice to have the star of the team.
(Others reading this post, "must be nice" is a skit Kidd Kraddick does on his radio show. So you have to read it using his voice he uses for the "must be nice" guy).
Post a Comment