

On one hand, it feels like Julius and Adrian just got here. I remember it like it was yesterday--the shock of the "surprise, there's two!" at the ultrasound, the moment we learned it was two boys and we were destined for a life of sports and trucks, being incredibly pregnant and praying that they would keep cooking in there until my due date, the c-section and my stay in the hospital. I mean, it all seems like it was two weeks ago. I remember us evicting them from the pack n play in our bedroom after the first night because they were such squeaky babies and them easily transitioning to the single crib in the nursery, content as long as they were snuggling together. I remember taking them out in public during maternity leave and people gawking, staring, and stopping to ask about them. I remember long nights up by myself, nursing them around the clock and watching Chelsea Handler and Jimmy Fallon on late night TV. I remember feeling incredibly lucky and incredibly overwhelmed at the same time.

On the other hand, it feels like they have been around forever. I can't really remember what life was like before them. They complete the family and balance everything out. They have grown into such cool boys, still best friends. At home, Adrian is the leader and he sets the tone. He's sweet and eager to please. Adrian is a bit of a mama's boy and is always the one to check on me to make sure I'm happy. Julius is calm, cool, and collected. He is sensitive, loves to share, and independent. At school they say Julius is the leader between the two of them, which I find interesting. Julius is really into his daddy. Both boys love animals (Adrian loves lions, Julius loves cheetahs), superheros, and cars.
March 13 was their 3rd birthday and I can't stop thinking about how fast those three years have gone by. Happy birthday, guys!

On the other hand, it feels like they have been around forever. I can't really remember what life was like before them. They complete the family and balance everything out. They have grown into such cool boys, still best friends. At home, Adrian is the leader and he sets the tone. He's sweet and eager to please. Adrian is a bit of a mama's boy and is always the one to check on me to make sure I'm happy. Julius is calm, cool, and collected. He is sensitive, loves to share, and independent. At school they say Julius is the leader between the two of them, which I find interesting. Julius is really into his daddy. Both boys love animals (Adrian loves lions, Julius loves cheetahs), superheros, and cars.
March 13 was their 3rd birthday and I can't stop thinking about how fast those three years have gone by. Happy birthday, guys!



No comments:
Post a Comment