Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The last 6 months...


It's been almost 6 months since I've updated. Things have been busy around here. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with a visit from Eric, Sarah, and Colby. We had an awesome time--did a tour of the Ballpark where the Texas Rangers played, went to an arcade, and just spent time together. Baby Kaylee is making her arrival in May and we are all so excited to meet her!



Christmas was quiet and relaxing, the Pate's came over for dinner. We opened presents in the morning, made a big breakfast, and then hung with the Pate's all evening. The boys had a great time playing together (as usual).



New Year's Eve was spent with Mike Anderson and Amanda Martin--soon to be married! I was thinking the kids would crash around 10pm but they were true party animals and stayed up well past midnight. Julius really got into the spirit and drank the sparkling apple cider. Something tells me he may be the one to watch out for in high school? :)



We have had a lot of other exciting things going on. In January we really started potty training and J&A caught on really quickly. Within 45 days they were completely potty trained, including at night! So, after 4.5 years of buying diapers in bulk, I no longer have to buy them at Sam's Club, store them in my garage, etc. It feels so liberating!


The boys are playing more independently and that is also a good thing. They still fight (a lot) but I'm beginning to see the light at the tunnel. I am starting to believe that ages 3 and 4 are going to be better.


Amare is playing soccer again and also started t-ball. Photos to come!




















































1 comment:

The Mahi Family said...

Just loved the update! So amazing to see what your family is up to and all you've been blessed and challenged with. I'm so happy for you! Take care, Nancy