Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Best Baby

OK, maybe the people at daycare tell all of the parents that, but about five different people (everyone from his main teacher to the director of the entire center) have told me that Amare is the best baby in the class and that he is an absolute angel all day long! I mean, I'm completely thinking that he really might be the best baby they have. He's so happy and mellow--there are other kids in his class that are screaming 80% of the time I go in there and nothing seems to be wrong--they are just yelling to yell. Some babies are high maintenance and Gyasi and I are really lucky that our son is chilled out. He is really a happy kid, always smiling and babbling.

We introduced rice cereal this week. He still isn't quite sure what to think of it. I was hoping that he'd go crazy for it and eat it all up immediately (and start sleeping consistently through the night) but no such luck. I put together his high chair and he seemed to like sitting up at the big person table to eat. It's a messy process and I'm sure it only gets more fun and messy when you move on to the fruits and veggies.

Amare has also learned to roll over! He's not a pro at it yet but I've seen him roll both ways now. He's a real wiggler. He will start on the playmat and end up in the middle of the carpet. I guess we can't just leave him by himself on the changing table anymore...

I'm going to try to upload a video here so we'll see how that goes...

No comments: