Saturday, April 5, 2008

Where did March go?!?


Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. We have been busy, busy, busy. Let me provide an update on each of us:

Gyasi has been trying to win money. He has really applied himself this year in his fantasy basketball league and NCAA March Madness brackets. He's spent a lot of time working on the yard, too. When we bought the house last summer, we inherited a yard. Never having owned a yard, we had to figure out a lot of important things--how low to cut the grass, when to run the sprinklers, how to determine if those growing "plants" are weeds or not-so-pretty flowers (hint: they are ALWAYS weeds), etc. I was pregnant and of no help in the hot Texas summers. Now that it is spring, we are back to trying to get that yard under control and Gyasi is taking the lead in this area. We are also working on staining the deck.

I have been putting in long hours at work and trying to spent time with Amare. I have been enjoying this season of American Idol and trying to relax during my "off time." I was sick a lot during the month of March. In early March I had a bacterial throat infection and took antibiotics, only to come down with strep throat one week later. Then, a week after that, I got a nasty stomach bug. I'm finally feeling better and appreciating my health!

Amare is a little man these days. He is teething (which translates to: he drools constantly and will try to gnaw on anything he can get his mouth on--fingers, clothing, shoulders, etc.). He has learned to sit up all by himself, eats lots of baby food, weighs 17 pounds and is wearing 12 month clothing. He is sleeping MUCH better (except for nights when the teething is really bad) and is a very happy kid. Hard to believe he'll be six months old on 4/9!

4 comments:

Grandma Gina said...

Hello! Gyasi mowed a 1/2 acre of beautiful green grass during his teen years. He's pulling your leg Miss!
Love, Momma Gina

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I can vouch for that. In fact I believe he was employed by mom as the Quince Estates grounds keeper a few summers (at least that was his excuse for not going out sometimes). Gyas, stop frontin and get to work , son.

P.S. That's not a very flattering pic of Amare.

Anonymous said...

In Gyasi's defense -- Texas lawns are a whole new animal.