Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day and NJ Visitors

I had a great Mother's Day this year! In the past, this holiday has always been bittersweet for me. For those that don't know, my mom passed away in December 2004. For me, the hardest day of the year has been Mother's Day. It is always very hard to watch those sentimental Hallmark commercials reminding you to remember your mom and hearing about everyone's plans to spend the day with their mom. When I had Amare, it became a little easier because i could also focus on my own motherhood. This year was even better getting to celebrate knowing that all three of my boys were here! Gyasi took the boys in the morning so I could get an extra two hours of sleep. That, in and of itself, was a fabulous present! I awoke to surprise visits from Meek, Julie, and Elle. Gyasi and Meek cooked a delicious Mother's Day brunch of scrambled eggs, pancakes, turkey sausage, hash browns, fruit, etc. We feasted! I also got flowers from both Gyasi and Meek! After everyone left, we all took a nap. Great day!

We also were thrilled to have Sharon and Heather Renaud come visit from NJ! Mom Renaud (or MamaNo as Amare called her) and Aunt Heather didn't mind changing diapers, burping, feeding, or loving on the kids. They were so helpful and we had a great time...we even managed to all go out to dinner one night with the kiddos! Best of all, they watched all three kids on Friday night (with Meek's help) so Gyasi and I could go out on a much-needed date. If only they could come down to help once a month--we miss them already!

No comments: