Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Major Update--36.5 weeks


Here I am, at 36 weeks. I went to the doctor today and the boys are doing well. I'm pretty confident they will come out in full football pads and helmets because they Baby A (Julius) is measuring 6lbs 13oz and Baby B (Adrian) is measuring 7lbs 7oz! It is completely insane to me that I'm walking around with over 14 pounds of pure baby in me. I mean, how am I even able to walk or pick up Amare? I hope the fact that our babies are so big bodes well for my post-partum weight loss! I guess chasing Amare around will also help with that!
I'm still 3.5cm dilated and now 80% effaced. I had three pretty major contractions during the monitoring they were doing and was hopeful that would mean my doc would proclaim "that's it, you're in labor--let's go get them right now!" but she didn't. Instead she kept saying that she felt bad for me because she knows I am miserable and that she was conflicted about moving my c-section earlier than the 3/17 date. There is still a chance that I could go into labor on my own or that my water could break spontaneously.
In the end, we compromised and we know that the Quince Twins will be arriving on Friday, March 13, 2009 around 9am! They will be born at 37 weeks exactly, which is full-term for twins. It's a big accomplishment to make it to 37 weeks, as it means their chances of avoiding breathing or eating issues is minimal.
Friday--that's this week. Like in two days. Two more full days being pregnant. Two more full days as a family of three. I am soooooooo excited to meet these little guys!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! I am amazed! You have done such a great job with these guys! It will make such a huge difference that they have gone full term! Love you! I hope that it is a speedy and easy delivery!

Aly Scott said...

Tomorrow is the big day!! I am so glad you won't be miserable from not being able to walk or stand for a long time. Starting tomorrow you'll just be miserable from lack of sleep. ha! I only laugh because I know what lack of sleep is like from my twins! We love you!
BTW, I'm so fricken proud of you for making it to 37 weeks. What an accomplishment!! You should get an award for that. A very long road but it ends soon. Your family will be complete and the Quince family will be a total of 5. YEAH! M&G plus 3. I think you need a show!

The Pustejovskys' said...

Wow! I can't imagine carrying two full term babies in my belly! Like Aly said, you should get an award! I know that you and Gyasi will be great with them and Amare! What a family! Just think once this is over...you won't go through it ever again! Or at least, that's what I told myself....then again I didn't have twins!

MC said...

I am so excited for you!! I will be thinking about you this morning and can't wait to hear an update!!!

Washington Family said...

Ok tootise!! I got the great news from Aly today!! Congrats!!! I'm soooo proud of you!!! Way to go, hot mama! Seriously, you sported 14lbs of baby like a charm and looked GREAT doing it! I can't wait to see pics of the new boys! Lots of love to you, Missy.