Saturday, March 14, 2009

They're Here!



Welcome to the world, Quince Twins! Everyone is happy and healthy following the c-section delivery on Friday morning. Here are the stats:
Julius Michael Quince
Born: 9:32am on 3/13/09
Weight: 6lbs 8oz
Length: 18 inches


Adrian Geoffrey Quince
Born: 9:34am on 3/13/09
Weight: 6lbs 8oz
Length: 18.5 inches

Both boys came out screaming and without breathing issues (a big concern for everyone because they are still technically three weeks earlier than a full-term singleton infant). I am recovering well from the surgery. I spent all of Friday in bed with major pain killers but was still able to initiate breastfeeding. Both boys are eating well and the staff at the hospital is in love with them, commenting on how they cannot believe twin 37 weekers are eating so well, maintaining their own temperatures, and peeing/pooping regularly. It just seems like the whole process has gone so well. Saturday was spent trying to get me mobile, up and out of bed. That first time out of bed was WAAAYY more painful than I anticipated but the longer I stood, the better I've felt. I continued to try to get up several times throughout the day and move around and am feeling so much better today. I'm still taking the pain medicine but feeling pretty darn good considering all of the changes my body has gone through in the last 72 hours!

Amare has been up at the hospital twice and I think Mommy and Daddy missed him more than he missed us! He's staying at our house with Uncle Mike and Aunt Julie and Uncle Tony so they are keeping him entertained. I'm going to try to upload a video of Amare meeting his brothers for the first time--it's so precious and I'm glad we caught that moment on camera.
The twins look very similar but if they are both next to each other we can tell them apart. We still believe they are fraternal but there sure are moments when you look at them and think that they could easily be identical. Right now Adrian has a little red mark on each side of his nose so that's a dead giveaway. His face seems to be just a little fuller and more round, while Julius' face is slightly more narrow. I'm sure time will tell as they continue to change from their first few days in the world.


We're planning on heading home on Monday and looking forward to starting life as a family of five!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let us be the first! As PROUD grandparents, we just want to say how proud we are of all of you for accomplishing this in such a fantastic way! Amare looks ready to wrestle with both new brothers and Gyasi couldn't be beaming any more! Missy is balancing everything with confidence and competence and a smile on her face. Grammy Po can't wait to hold the babies (and head-up cleaning patrol) and Grandpa Rick is signing up for Amare patrol (and all the cooking)! Love to all!

melissa said...

Can't wait to meet them! I'd love to get them on the calendar for Saturday! Let me know what you think! :) melissa