Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ahhh, this is the life!


We are all home and loving life! We were released from the hospital on Friday afternoon, ten days after Amare arrived in the Lewisville Medical Center Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. After a nice car ride home, we have spent the last two days getting settled in and hosting visitors. Amare is on a pretty good schedule--he gets changed, he eats, is awake for about 20 minutes, and then sleeps for two hours. And then does it all again. Ah, the life of a newborn! So far he has tried out his swing (LOVES it!) and his bouncy seat and both are big hits. Such variety for the little guy compared to the crib of the NICU. He is facinated with looking out the window and just checking out all of the new things to see. Today is football day so we'll get to watch some games. Amare would kick like crazy when I was pregnant and we were watching football so we figured he liked the sounds and yelling associated with The Quince Family on Sunday afternoons! More visitors are coming by today and we'll keep taking pictures. It's much more fun talking about all of this good stuff instead of the medical updates.

2 comments:

Aly Scott said...

I'm sorry Derek and I couldn't get over there to see Amare this weekend. It's been crazy since I go back to work tomorrow. :(
Amare is so fricken cute! I can't wait to get him in my arms. You guys look like pros already. Love you guys - The Scott's

Unknown said...

Awwwwweee! He is sooooo CUTE!! Grandma G's shoulder has been pretty busy these last two weeks from one grandson to the next! I can't wait for xmas so these two cousins can meet!
His two hour patterns sound a bit like Darian's, only you would need to add an additional 20 minutes of screaming to the mix. Yeah, you think he has lungs on him?? Darian would like to challenge him to a scream off! I got money on this one... :)
Love you guys. Glad all is well.. now back to sleepless nights :)