The news just keeps getting better and better for the Quinces! Amare was weaned from his blood pressure medication last night and is now basically drug free! He is off the respirators, the Bili light, and has moved to a "big boy bed" instead of the incubator used for sick babies. He had his first bottle (of breast milk) this morning at 8am and I am able to go down and feed him each bottle every 3 hours. I'm loving it! We're going to see how he does with the bottles today and then try to breastfeed tomorrow. I can now hold him, feed him, and change his diapers during his touch times. We've come so far!
Of course the next question is when can he come home...time will tell. He has to finish his antiboiotic and steroid treatments and prove that he can feed like he's supposed to. He will probably be here for another 5-6 days but I'm hoping he'll come home this weekend. I'm just glad he's no longer sick and will wait as long as it takes for him to regain his strength and get to the point where we can take him home.
Grandma G (Regina) is coming to visit tomorrow! I've been telling Amare all about her and he's quite excited! Not sure how we'll work things logistically (I will probably have to stay up here at the hospital) but we'll figure it out. It will be great to have some family around and get to have some help with all of this!
Thanks again to everyone for your phone calls, meals, and thoughtful prayers--they are definitely working!
5 comments:
I am elated hearing about Amare's progress. You guys have done a wonderful job keeping us abreast of his progress. I am excited about all of this. I love you all very much.
Glad to hear things are going so well. I can't wait to meet him and give him a gift from back east!
Missy and Gyasi- We are soooo happy that everything keeps looking better for baby Amare! He is a very cute! Continue to keep us posted- we look forward to checking out your Blog page for more updates! We love you guys! Keep getting strong Amare!
Warren just shared the blog with me. My little cousin is sooooo cute!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you all. You are an amazing family and I can't wait for you to be able to go home and really love on Amare all the time. Both Mommy & Daddy look like naturals, but that was no surprise. We love you!
This is great news! Sounds like they just want him to wait 5 days like they did w/ Grace. We are definitely thinking about all 3 of you. Can't wait til you're all home! We need to have a party! Maybe a secret bbq (inside joke!!) love you guys!
Post a Comment