Well, today is the big day! Gyasi is working a half day and will come up here to the hospital around noon to scoop up his wife and child! I can't wait. I haven't been home since Sunday and I am so excited to get the whole family home. Amare and I had a "room in" last night. The NICU has a special little overnight room for parents to do a trial run before going home. He stayed in here with me and I was his "nurse" for the night, handling his feedings, diaper changes, bath, etc. We had a great night although I didnt' get much sleep. I suppose I am used to that by now!
Our weekend will probably include a few visitors and some football on Sunday. Grandma G is still in town and we'll all be hanging out. Amare is such a good baby. He has a temper but it only really comes out when he is hungry or needs to be changed. I mean, he IS a redhead so I suppose that alleged temper comes with the territory! He's looking great and eating like a champion. He's a joy to be around and I can't wait for everyone to get to meet him in person!
6 comments:
Congratulations!!! Enjoy every moment! You've got a beautiful little boy on your hands!
Take care, we miss you - and enjoy your time!
I am so happy for you!! Congratulations and Amare is sooo cute! I might be up to a 1 :)
We are sooooo happy for you guys and can't wait to meet him!! Just let us know when! xoxox,
Elle and Brandon
yeay! Still more great news. How thrilling to be headed home all together! We wish you all the very best (and I renew my offer of a meal from Jose Pisano's :).
Much Love,
Heidi
I am so glad to hear things are going well!! Amare is so adorable! Believe it or not, I can even see Brian/Eric (especially in the one video!) I'm so proud of both of you -- you have handled everything extremely well! It will be such a joy to have him home! Wish we could be there with you! Love, hugs and kisses!
Aunt Kathy, Uncle Tim, Beth and Chris
Yeah! Hope things are going great at home now! I only wish I could come and see you all! Amare is beautiful!!!
Post a Comment